Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 19, 2010

Tell people how you REALLY feel...

Have you ever been doing your homework aka surfing Facebook, and found someone's status that you didn't like? When the Facebook team implemented the 'like' button people went crazy and liked everything, but that's not always the case is it? I can think of countless time where I'm on Facebook, looking at people's statuses and thinking..."this is ridiculous". For all of you that share my feelings on this pressing issue, have no fear haha.

Now, thanks to a Firefox Plugin, you can dislike things on Facebook. Let's really about this, we all have that one friend that posts annoying comments, photos, videos, and updates their status every 3.4 seconds. With this new tool, we can visually, with the 'dislike' button show our friends how we feel!

This function requires installation and is still in the experimental stages but the way it works is that once you have the option for 'dislike' it will pop up next to your 'like' feature on your Facebook. Seems pretty straightforward, but I was surprised that this Facebook feature would actually happened!

What do you guys think?? Ready to be honest?

4 comments:

  1. Wow I totally feel you on wishing I could dislike peoples statuses! If I see one more status with rap lyrics or someone saying how much their life sucks I'm going to loose it! This dislike option sounds awesome and if it doesn't take alot of work to download id definitly look into it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think it is so funny...people really get annoying with status updates. I also see people getting really carried away with it though as well. You never know, if someone goes nuts with this is could turn into a cyber bullying issue. Think it would go that far?? With all of the controversy lately in the new media bizz, I'm not going to act like it can't happen you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually just installed the addon on my firefox and have already been excessively using it haha. I like that it's something new and hopefully will bring as much interest to disliking as much as the 'like' option has for liking something. I am interested to see how people react to the online dislikes from other users.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's really funny too- there have COUNTLESS times I've wanted to dislike someone's status....let me know how it goes!!!

    ReplyDelete